Is Spirituality and Faith at the Top of Your Priority List
Author: Greg Tharpe
There are certain priorities in life that take precedence over everything else. Some people have their priorities out of order. Some people put acquiring money and/or academic degrees first, some people put fitness and working out first and some put having fun first. Little do they realize, they are putting the cart before the horse. Until you get the priorities of life in order, your life will not run smooth, easy and efficient. Therefore, you will be wasting a lot of unnecessary energy and missing out on the most treasured and fulfilling blessings. Two quotes from the Bible reference this nicely:
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” [Matthew 6:33 KJV]
“Thus saith the Lord, set thine house in order;…” [II Kings 20:1]
ORDER OF PRIORITIES:
- FAITH (The Kingdom of God or Spiritual Transformational Education) – Bonding, developing a personal relationship with God or gaining higher understanding of spirit and truth by reading, studying, learning, meditating, testing and freeing your mind and soul of the world’s myths, lies, conditioning and programming. Faith is the first and most powerful priority; it is your connection to God or the Holy Spirit, which provides the help through wisdom, knowledge and power for a totally successful and fulfilling life.
- FOCUS – Daily meditation, prayer of thanks and visualization of your hopes and dreams. Focus is the next priority, if you don’t stay focused, your energy will be scattered. Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don’t want.
- FAMILY – Time with family, bonding, develop a loving relationship. Family is the next priority, they supply the love and support; nothing comes before God and family.
- FITNESS – Working out, eating right and exercising. Fitness is the next priority … without health you can’t enjoy life to the fullest.
- FINANCES – Find your passion and purpose in life; find your niche. Money is your next priority … work, create, produce and invest. Make enough money to have the things you want and do the things you want to do.
- FRIENDS – Make friends and have a positive influence on them. Friends are the next priority … friends are your extended family and support system, they help make life fun. You support each other in being successful in life.
- FUN – Have fun and enjoy life to the fullest. Fun is your next priorities … have fun and enjoy life to the fullest. You are here to awaken, discover, grow and have fun in the process. If you develop your faith through education/ knowledge of the spiritual truth and transforming your mind, God will ensure that your life is fun and fulfilling.
- PHILANTHROPY – Goodwill to fellow men. Last, but not least, give as it has been given to you. “From whom much is given, much is expected.” Remember, “It is better to give than receive.” Furthermore, contribute to the causes that serve humanity’s highest good and helping to assist others increase their faith or spiritual awareness.
In Christianity, followers often say that “God is the head of my life.” In spiritual truth this means to put increasing your faith or spiritual understanding as your top priority and trust that God or the Universe will organize and orchestrate your life in a way that brings you total success and abundant joy. Is your house in order? Are you seeking the Kingdom of God first? Test or experiment with this format and see how it works for you.